The UW Army ROTC program is proud to have the following individuals as Honorary Alumni. These great military leaders have given a lot to our country, the Army, and UW.
GEN (Ret) Barry R. McCaffrey
- Army Career: 1964-1996
- Commissioning source: West Point
- Last military assignment: SOUTHCOM Commander
- Last government job: Director of White House Office of National Drug and Control Policy (‘96-’01)
- UW Connection: Two children are UW AROTC Alum (COL (Ret) Sean and Tara, ‘86 and ‘89)
- Currently: Founder and Lead Consultant of McCaffrey Associates LLC
GEN (Ret) Peter W. Chiarelli
- Army Career: 1972-2012
- Commissioning source: Seattle University ROTC
- Last military assignment: Vice Chief of Staff of the Army
- Connection: He and his son are both alumni of UW. He earned a Masters in Public Administration (MPA) from the Evans School of Public Affairs.
- Currently: CEO of One Mind, which accelerates brain related diagnostics, research and cures.
LTG (Ret) David H. Huntoon
- Army Career: 1973-2013
- Commissioning source: US Military Academy at West Point
- Last military assignment: Superintendent of West Point
- Connection: Two sons and father are UW AROTC Alum (David III and Ryan, ‘04 and ‘08; and David Sr., '36). Grandfather graduated from UW in 1907.
- Currently: Founder and Lead Consultant of D2H Leadership Consulting